On Tuesday March 27th, Lady L was feeling anxious, broke down and took a home pregnancy test. It was negative. She didn't tell me this until later, but she was bummed about it, and decided that she wasn't going to take a test again. The 4 of us had actually set a date for this morning (Saturday) to take one, so we could at least be prepared about how to emotionally go into next week. We were hoping the week would fly by. I was off task for the majority of the week, with a knot in my belly. There a SO many questions and scenarios that played through my mind. I spent a lot of time praying, and a lot of time accomplishing nothing:)
So, we were all set for today, Saturday, the big day. Then on Thursday morning, Lady L text me asking if I was home. For some reason, I got a huge knot in my belly, fearing that something bad had happened. I told her I was at work, but could chat (I had no students for another hour or so.) Then I got a text, with an attached picture... it was of a pregnancy test with a very faint positive, and a message along the lines of "Congrats, the test shows I am going to have your baby." WOOO HOOO!
I got a little emotional, talked to Aaron, then to Lady L, and then had to go about my day. I was actually shocked, as the transfer was only one week before! I am still surprised that it showed up so soon. Aaron brought some flowers over to her before work, and she sent the test with him. So, of course she took another test after he took hers away from her, which was also positive. The next day, she sent another picture with a darker line.
Today we still went over to her house, although we missed her husband. It was nice to see her and her kiddos, and this time we made her pee on a digital test. We brought the test, proudly displaying the word "pregnant" over to my parents' house to share the news.
The 3 pictures above are of the tests in succession... you can see they get a little darker with each one. I don't have a good image of the digital, but my mom does, so I'll have to add that later on.
We are overjoyed beyond belief, but are anxious to have next week's blood test results back. Lady L will go in on Tuesday and Thursday to compare HCG betas. If things look good, there will be an ultrasound on or around April 27th to take the first look:)
We are off to a great start, but still need your prayers, as we have a long, and hopefully uncomplicated journey ahead of us.
We love you Lady L and family, you are amazing and have changed our lives forever with your kind hearts!
xoxo



Congratulations again on the positive transfer!
ReplyDeleteGood thing your mom captured a good picture of the digital because those suckers stop working after a few days!
BOOOOOOYAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Best. Blog post. EVER!
ReplyDeleteCongrats and here's many, many , MANY more prayers for an uneventful pregnancy!